Friday, 6 July 2012

gooseberry jam in the breadmaker

A friend gave me some gooseberries, seeing as I only have a few berries on mine, so despite saying that I wasn't going to make any jams or chutneys this year (the cupboard is full of last year's still) I made 3 little jars of gooseberry and elderflower jam, and I made it in the breadmaker!  It has worked quite well, I kept to the amount of fruit, liquid and sugar it said in the manual (it only had a raspberry jam and a marmalade recipe) and it is sweet enough, a softish set but would still work as a spread okay. There was no mess and the pan washed up beautifully.  Definitely something to try again.


1 comment:

  1. Very interesting as I have a Breadmaker and would love to know how to make Jam in it ? Take care. Marion

    ReplyDelete