Wednesday, 17 October 2012

time to take down the runner beans

I decided it was time to take the runner bean frame down.
What I would like to know is, who's bright idea was it to put netting on it for the beans to grow up?... and under...and through...and around... It has taken me an hour to disentangle that one side of the bean frame.  
Note to self, don't do that again!  Usually I grow the beans up teepees and all I do is slide the canes out, leaving a pile of bean leaves and stalks on the ground.

I've done the worst bits and it is starting to rain, so I will finish it tomorrow.
Before I left the allotments I checked out the uncultivated plot next to mine and it was pretty wet too.  It also had way, way more brambles and weeds than mine.   So maybe I'll stick with what I've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment