Thursday, 20 December 2012

celeriac

Surprise, surprise it rained again and guess what, the wet end is under water again.  This is getting very boring!
Two little diddy celeriac harvested from the waters.  There are small but flavour packed, I absolutely love them in soup. The difference in taste between these and shop-bought ones is amazing.   I'm told the leaves are very tasty, but there hasn't been any big enough to serve as a vegetable. Definitely worth growing again and worth plodging about for them.
They don't seem to mind the water, but I don't know what they would be like in an ordinary year.They might be as big as shop bought ones if they hadn't been under water most of the time. But, saying that, I planted some at the dry end at the same time as these ones and they didn't do all that well.
If the world ends tomorrow morning as predicted by the Mayans (allegedly), this might be my last diary entry.  It will solve the problem of my waterlogged plot anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment