Thursday, 21 March 2013

a new toy

A heated propagator!

Something I have been lusting after for some time.  I have been debating whether to get a paraffin heater for the greenhouse or a heated propagator, but I eventually came to the conclusion that it would be more economic to heat the smaller space, given how few plants I would want to be hustling on.

So I sowed some seed for a round courgette (tondo di pacienza), celeriac (Monarch), cosmos (dwarf Sonata mixed) and cosmos (gazebo white)

Of course, it is all very well bringing the seedlings on, but it is going to have to start warming up pretty damn soon to get back on track for planting things out in the open.

I put some peas (Hurst Greenshaft), for myself, to chit on damp kitchen paper and sorted out a couple of gutter pipe sections from the garage to put them in.

Still too cold (-1C last night and no higher than 3C today) so I haven't been to the plot. I hope the broad beans in the cold frame are okay, they should be, they are pretty hardy.

No comments:

Post a Comment