Sunday, 7 April 2013

busy day at the trading hut

My turn to help on the trading hut today, and it was incredibly busy. Broad bean plants, onions and potatoes, weed fabric, compost, manure, blood fish and bone, a pump for a flat wheelbarrow tyre, four kinds of bird seed and some paraffin. It was all happening at Moorside trading hut today! I hardly had time to drink my coffee let alone have a play with my ghillie kettle (luckily I had a flask and wasn't depending on the kettle for coffee).

Relaxing with my feet up this afternoon, I read in an old gardening book that the planting hole for parsnip seeds should be made with an iron bar, 3 feet deep and 3 inches across the top, and made 1 foot apart. So much for mine, 6 ins deep and 6 ins apart. Oh well, it might work. I wouldn't know what to do with a 3 foot parsnip even if I could grow one.

No comments:

Post a Comment