Saturday, 13 April 2013

Raspberries out

I dug one of the new raspberry plants that went in 2011 (Polka) and as I suspected, dead as a doornail, roots black and brittle.
I also decided that it was time for the old rasps to go too. They have very little flavour, whether that is due to the variety or the way they have been cultivated, I don't know, but time for them to go. (If they will go, they are remarkably persistent) I've been threatening to do this for two summers now.
I need the space for the new gooseberry plants that are sprouting away nicely in pots at the moment but will need to be split soon and given growing room.
I will have to swot up on what I have to do to the bed before I put them in.

No comments:

Post a Comment