Sunday, 26 May 2013

another warm day

Another warm day! We are getting spoilt here in north-east England, 25C max in the garden today.

I took some plants to the lottie's greenhouse, but I didn't stay long it was too hot for working out in the open.

I hate to be inside on fine days so I was out planting in the garden again.  Lots more perennials planted, the garden is getting stuffed with plants, but I'm not getting too excited I did something similar last year and everything died, toot sweet.

The lawn in the back, over the years, has crept over the path, so I decided that today was a good day to cut it back to where it was when we first moved in in 1971 (when the house cost £2,250, would you believe)
You can see the mark on the path where the grass got to, and there is now a step up to the lawn which must be about three or four inches higher than it was in 1971. I had forgotten that there was a brick edge to the lawn so long ago. The lawn looks amazingly smooth on the photo, but don't believe what you see, it is full of daisies and dandelions.

No comments:

Post a Comment