Tuesday, 11 June 2013

perhaps a pear?

Not much done at the plot today, it was a bit cool and damp.  I watered the squashes and put up some screening to protect them a little bit from the wind, and took some photographs.

I made this contrivance out of some chestnut palings which have been hiding in a corner since I took the plot over,
It is constructed (a rather generous term for what I did) on the same principle as the canes in the middle of the cucumber bed.  I think it looks a bit Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so....
However, I am optimistically hoping it will baffle the wind a bit.  It also might do to hang some polythene sheeting or netting on if I should need to.
This was to be my entry for the biggest sunflower competition.  Unfortunately I pulled out the stick supporting it and the plant came with it.  Mmmm.





There is a miniature courgette on the tondo di piacenza....




 The fennel I liberated from the plant scheme greenhouse is looking green and leafy.  About half of them died or were nibbled, but the survivors are looking good....




 A potential pear on the lonely pear tree, parthogenesis....






 A bean on the bunyards exhibition broad beans....





and flower buds on the tomatilloes.



















1 comment:

  1. You are doing well Anne. Everything looks healthy other than your poor uprooted Sunflower. It is good to see what my Fennel seedlings will look like if they come up as I have never grown them before. Take care now. Marion

    ReplyDelete