Tuesday, 3 September 2013

picking, picking

I've been painting the spare room for the last few days, so have only been making quick visits to the plot to pick things and water the greenhouse.

Among the things I have been picking are runner beans
There must be at least four pounds in that carrier-bag, all destined for a lucky next-door neighbour who hasn't got an allotment, thank goodness.

Also a seemingly endless supply of cucumbers.  I have lost count of how many I have brought home, it must be up to 50 by now, there are fourteen in that bucket
That same lucky neighbour took four. There does seem to be a lessening of the new ones coming on the plants, so perhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel.

The tomatoes in the greenhouse are starting to produce well, I am contemplating tomato soup tomorrow.
 I haven't got any raspberries anymore, but the blackberries are starting to ripen.  I picked about a punnet full
and they have gone into the freezer until I get some apples to go with, or enough to make some jam.

The last of the onion sets have turned over their tops, and quite a lot of the onions grown from seed too.  I think the last two windy days have helped.  The sweet pea wigwam has gone all lopsided with the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment