Thursday, 7 November 2013

Bean frame down, celeriac up



Dug up the celeriac, and a sorry crew they are too...
Let's hope they are as flavour packed as last year's, to make up for their lack of size.

The bed where the celeriac was is very wet and really would be a candidate for a raised bed, but I have no planks so it will have to wait.  I weeded the bed as best I could in the mud, put some big pieces of cardboard on the top, then piled all the old beanstalks and cosmos stalks on the top to make a lasagne type bed.  I'm trying to build up the soil level a bit to lift it out of the mire.

I took the runner bean frame down, and I seem to have an awful lot of canes all of a sudden, so I had to find a home for them to overwinter in.

Had another mini bonfire, but it went out.  I just haven't got the hang of this bonfire business.

No comments:

Post a Comment