Thursday, 5 December 2013

Brr, its a bit windy...

The temperature has gone from 7C this morning to 3C this afternoon.
I was foolish enough to go to the plot today to dig up some leeks.  The minute I opened the door I was assaulted by weather, halfway there I'm wondering why haven't I attached the hood to my jacket?
Very windy and sunny alternating with squalls of rain this morning, this afternoon it is colder, not so windy but still pretty violent, with hailstones thrown into the mix.  Thrown down the back of my neck I might add.

However, Anne bravely trudges on through the snow....


and with frozen fingers....


and then two minutes later it is like this....


Across the region rivers have broken their banks, HGVs have been blown over on top of cars, trees uprooted, stations and bridges closed, but here on my little plot the sum total of devastation is my tub of canes has been blown over and the incinerator lid has blown off.
So far...  Don't laugh, be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment