Saturday, 21 December 2013

winter solstice

I haven't been to the plot since last Sunday!  I do miss it, although the weather helps to not miss it quite so much.  It isn't exactly warm, but its not freezing either, I think there has only been a couple of frosts this winter so far (or should I say autumn, as it is the first day of winter today, according to Google). There has been a fair bit of rain in the past day or so, and although the plot hasn't flooded yet, it is pretty squelchy at the bottom end around the raised beds.

I dug up some leeks and picked some kale for sunday dinner.

I have left a lot of the smaller apples on the tree for the birds and it looks as if they have been enjoying them now they are a lot sweeter.


They look like baubles on the Christmas tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment