Thursday, 27 February 2014

onions planted out

For the last three days the onion and shallot sets have been going outside during the day because it has been so sunny in the greenhouse,



 and I have been bringing them in overnight.

 It is only a matter of time before I forget to bring them in and I think they will be better off in the cold frame at the plot.

So out came the pram.



The shallots have really good roots even though there is very little showing on the top, as do the onions.



The weather forecast of a possible frost tonight made me think it might be best to put them in the soil rather than the cold frame.  So throwing all caution to the winds I planted them out.



I covered them with fleece and as they are below the level of the wood frame, they should be a bit protected from any frost.

No comments:

Post a Comment