Friday, 21 February 2014

raised beds continued

Up to the plot bright and early, no overnight rain, to continue the works.

Lots of fiddling about, inserting bottles in appropriate places to support and fill gaps.


I dug out paths in between and totally forgot my plan of lining the bottom of the beds until I had shovelled a load of wet, heavy soil into them.  So they are not going to be lined after all.  Truthfully, I always had my doubts about how useful lining the bed would be, I can't see it deterring any of the pernicious weeds, or the roots of the hedge for long.

I levelled them as best I could and they are as level as anything else is on the plot.


Just got to fill them now.

1 comment:

  1. What's up, yeah this piece of writing is actually pleasant and I have learned lot of things from
    it on the topic of blogging. thanks.

    Check out my weblog :: facebook fans

    ReplyDelete