Tuesday, 29 April 2014

Peas planted

An absolute corker of a day today, the temperature was up to 23C at the plot.

I planted the peas, I was going to separate the plants and spread them out over the full length of the bed
But the roots were all entangled in each other and I would have caused more damage separating them, so I left them alone.  They all just slid out in a piece straight into the little trench I made for them. They are a bit too crowded but it's that versus damaged roots, I had to choose.  We'll see how it goes.

It was so nice, I did a bit of weeding, a bit of pruning the 15 foot high privet hedge, a bit of nail pulling.  I've got down to the bottom of the woodpile, but I don't know what to do with the big pieces and it irks me that the garden is untidy.


No comments:

Post a Comment