Thursday, 3 July 2014

ladybird hatching?




This is an interesting photograph, although probably more to me than anyone else.  It is occasions like this when I really wish I had a decent camera and the skills to use it.

The dark blob under the yellow blob is the larva of a ladybird, so I am guessing that what is happening is a ladybird just emerging from its larval stage. I'm completely blown away by that, I've lived 70 years and never seen that before.


Makes the picture of a miniature squash seem pretty insignificant, but I will put it up anyway

Picked more strawberries and more beans.

Lifted more winter onions.

Potted up 62 plug plants for the plant scheme.

1 comment:

  1. It's the little things like a Ladybird's birth day that make life exciting. I feel so happy for you to have been in the right place at the right time to have seen it being born and taken a photo. Your miniature Squash is a new baby too so it is also nice to see a photo of him or her Take care now. Marion x

    ReplyDelete