Friday, 22 August 2014

beans


The broad beans I grew for seed have been taken down, but they still need some drying time.  They are drying in the shed at the moment, but I will take them home when I have a hand free.

At the moment I am taking home bagfuls of beans of the runner, climbing french and dwarf purple french varieties. I'm picking the french beans in preference to the runner beans and we will have the big runner beans later in the year. They are really nice, particularly the purple ones, I'm very impressed with them.


It is still quite cold, autumn seems to have started early. (I am happy with an early spring and an early summer, not so struck on an early autumn and winter.) I am thinking that the huge crop of green tomatoes I have outside in the back garden might not ripen.  Green Tomato Chutney anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment