Sunday, 20 September 2015

Bit of a lull now after the show and the growing season is winding down, Not a lot to do on the plot except to keep it tidy and pick things.

Picking now...runner beans, blackberries, sweet peas, courgettes, cucumbers.
Picking soon....apples, sweet corn, celeriac, red shallots, purple dwarf french beans.
Still growing....winter onions from seed, fennel, carrots, parsnips, beetroot, leeks, cabbage, red cabbage, brussels sprouts.

I put the cloche over the cucumbers and some of the courgettes to keep them going a bit longer


I found a very large caterpillar marching determinedly along the edge of a raised bed edge


Don't know what it is, but from the size of it it has done its eating already and hopefully past any danger to my plants, so I left it alone.  I couldn't face the squish even if I had killed it anyway.

2 comments:

  1. looks like a cabbage catepillar: https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=457

    it looks like it'd also fight you if you tried squishing it :)

    ReplyDelete