Wednesday, 11 May 2016

Another warm day! I could get used to this!

Little soldier still roams the jungle..



Weeded, weeded...am making a sustained attack on buttercups, trying to clear some ground to transplant the surviving perennial plug plants from last autumn. When I had a closer look at where I had overwintered them, there were more than I thought, but they are all small and stunted. Hardly any of the agastache have survived but there's half-a-dozen each of nepeta, lobelia and gaillardia. Plus all of the foxgloves which are obviously the hardiest of all. I'll give them a bit of tlc and hope..

(the next day a giant snail mowed the agastache...)

I set up cane wigwams for the climbing beans. I decided that this year I would keep the two kinds of beans separate rather than have a row as before.  Don't ask me why except that the tepees are more aesthetically pleasing and the french beans are called Cherokee Vale of Tears, so it seems appropriate.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment