Thursday, 25 August 2016

The french beans are really going for it now


The runner beans are runners-up for a change.



I'm thinking I will pick french beans in preference to the runners a) because I like them better and b) the Czar variety of runner bean makes a good dried bean when left to grow bigger (so the packet said)


The asparagus ferns are falling about all over, but there have been quite a few spears this years which promises well for next year when it will be their third summer and I will be able to cut some. Yey!


Today's harvest, including some over large courgettes which escaped the eagle eye somehow.

These are some "armpits" from the Marmande tomatoes


I will try to keep them going through the winter on the kitchen windowsill and see if they will produce fruit a bit earlier next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment