Friday, 16 September 2016

Arms aching tonight as my puny muscles feel the hedge trimming I have done this afternoon.
Borrowed a cordless hedge trimmer from son Paul and wow! what a blast!  Wielding the sword of power like a rather slow Jedi knight! It really does the job magnificently, well, it would if the wielder had more stamina.
Assisting the work and adding to the strain on my biceps was a bow saw, a pruning saw, loppers and some secateurs. All essential equipment to take a leylandii hedge from 10 feet high to 4 feet.
There are a couple of really thick stems in the middle which  have morphed into a lollipop art project.  Pictures to follow, but I wish I had thought to take some "before" pictures. Not sure what the committee will make of it.
Luckily a friend and useful gardener came to the aid of my muscles, and she is the arty one, so I will blame her if any questions are asked.

Forgot to mention that I saw a Jay this morning.  The other day I saw a strange bird as big as the parakeets and making a harsh rasping call but couldn't see it against the sky.  But I saw it proper today, crest and all.  That's a first for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment