Friday, 28 July 2017




Tomatoes in the home lean-to are ripening nicely.

Picking runners and broad beans and the odd courgette. 


Its unusual to be picking both types of beans at the same time, the broad beans seem late this year.  I assume it was the dry spring slowing things down and there was also quite a bad attack of blackfly just at the time the plants were trying to set their first flowers. I thought the beans, both plant and pod, were particularly small this year, only about 3 or 4 beans per pod and only about 18 inches high, but they are all like that so it could be the variety. But I wouldn't know as I  have been very naughty this year and not kept a record of what and where.  I can't find a packet and I haven't written anything in my notebook since march! Tut tut!

This new kitchen I have been getting has a lot to answer for...

No comments:

Post a Comment